For Undergraduate Students
Resources and Programs for Undergraduate Research
- Conducting research with a mentor remotely:
- Lists guides available for research, writing scientific papers, and general professional skills.
- UCLA Undergraduate Science Journal:
- Peer-reviewed publication journal performed by UCLA undergraduate in various STEM fields. Allows students to publish research and offers experience with the peer review process.
- How to submit an Article: https://uclausj.weebly.com/submit-an-article.html
- McNair Research Scholars:
- For students from underrepresented groups. Two-year research based program for students interested in pursuing Ph.Ds. Restricted to third-year and transfer students.
- Undergraduate Research Fellows Program:
- Two-quarter program that offers financial support for students conducting undergraduate research.
- CARE Fellows Program:
- Offers financial support for students starting their first research experience with a faculty mentor. Students must be interested in a Ph.D in the biomedical sciences.
- IBP PathwaysToScience Database:
- Lists research programs, tips for applying to graduate school, and other opportunities for undergraduates and transfers.
Resources from the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI)
- EDI resources discussing freedom of speech on campus:
- Understanding academic freedom:
- Understanding and handling hate speech / hateful expression: